Of Grapes & Gourmands: Charmed and Shrimp Stir Fry
Our Charmed Sauvignon Blanc goes great with spicy, Asian flavors. The acidity of the Charmed cuts through the spiciness of the dish and makes a perfectly balanced meal.
1-2 red peppers, cut into slices
1 head of broccoli, florets only
6-8 brown mushroom caps, halved and sliced
1 zucchini, sliced into thin strips
1 carrot, sliced or shredded
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 cup of frozen, salad-sized shrimp (defrosted)
1 package of Shirataki noodles (tofu noodles, can be found at most grocery stores)
1 TB ginger, finely chopped
1 TB toasted sesame oil
3 TB low sodium soy sauce
1/2 TB yellow miso
1/2 TB Sriracha (or more, if you like it extra spicy)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1. Prepare the sauce. Mix all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
2. Under high-medium heat, coat a wok or a large non-stick pan with cooking spray.
3. Boil a pot of water for noodles.
4. Drain and rinse Shirataki noodles thoroughly.
5. Add onions, pepper, and carrots to wok and saute for 3 minutes.
6. Add broccoli, mushrooms and zucchini to wok and saute for 3 minutes.
7. Once water is boiling, add noodles and cook for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add shrimp to the wok and 2/3 of the sauce. Toss to combine.
9. Once the noodles are cooked, add to the wok with the remainder of the sauce and toss to combine.
Serve with Charmed Sauvignon Blanc and enjoy!